COUNTRY FARMSTAY - BED & BREAKFAST WITH PETTING FARM & FARM SHOW
We warmly welcome you to share "Our World". A relaxing and peaceful B&B with Kiwi "Homespun" Hospitality!
We have Ostrich, Emu and 50 Miniature Rare-Breed Animals plus cattle-grazing on 70 acres of green Picturesque Pastoral views.
Ann & Ross Barnes are both 4th generation New Zealanders with 39 years of tourism experience in the Waitomo area. Ross was a Park Ranger with Dept of Conservation for 20 yrs and built many local well-known walking tracks and has extensive knowledge of the regions history, culture, plants, birds & insects. Ross was a guide at the Waitomo Caves for 8yrs and recently developed the Footwhistle Glow-worm Cave for Caveworld - an evening "must-see" for guests! 10% Discount.
Ann previously owned a Souvenir, Craft & Gift Shop in Otorohanga for 27 years.
"Let us make your stay in Waitomo a unique and
DRIVE IN and check us out.
You're welcome to ...
"REST IN OUR NEST"
"COME AS GUESTS - LEAVE AS FRIENDS"
Our guests are fascinated with the intrique of the Ostrich & Emu and the "Magical Moments" they enjoy with their cameras "Making Memories" with the Miniatures! Education & Interest for Adults and Children alike. Where else can you walk in & pet an Ostrich & Emu?
Common Comment: "So glad we found this place....our stay was the highlight of our trip - from the flirting of the Big Bird, to the magic of the mini-animals, then the awesome glow-worms at Footwhistle - my world is new!!"
Affordable Rates including breakfast & Ostrich/Emu & mini-animal tour.
Adults $50, Child $25, Teen $30, Pre-school $20
- FREE: Continental breakfast
(homemade bread, homemade preserves/fruit, homemade yoghurt, juice, choice of 4 cereals including homemade muesli & spreads)
- Hot Breakfast Special $5pp or Hot Ostrich Omelette $5 per 2 person
- Dinners by arrangement - $25pp
- FREE: Ostrich/Emu & Miniature Rare-breed Animal tour.............unlimited "animal-time for kids"! Adopt a pet for your stay - Pippy the gentle lovable Border Collie dog is a devoted companion to any available child or adult.
- FREE: Miniature Horse Rides (-30kg)
- FREE: Information & Planning to get the best out of your stay in Waitomo
- FREE: Pines Lookout Scenic Walk on the farm - 1/2 hr
- 10% discount on www.caveworld.co.nz glow-worm & "Tube-it" adventure tours (with hydroslide)
- Kid's Colouring/Quiz & Information sheet
Common Comments: My girls were in "heaven" with the animals." "The kids just loved the place! " " A Truely Authentic farmstay.....a real Home away from Home!" "New Zealand is a better place because of you....Thank-you"
"Loved the homemade bread & Ostrich Omelette"
Petting Farm and Farm Show: click here for more information
2 Self-Contained Cottages
& 3 Homestead Rooms
- Newly upgraded facilities with Wifi, Flatscreen TV
& new ensuites
- Comfortable beds, great showers, kitchen & laundry facilities available. All linen provided.
- Safe, off street parking.
- Great views and "moving pictures" out every window!
Chalet - Self-contained
- Double $110.00
- sleeps 2-3 double bedroom + fold-out sofa-bed
Bungalow - Self-contained
- sleeps 4-7 - Queen + 3 singles in one area and a queen in the dining/lounge.
- Base Rate $160 (2 adults + 2 children)
Parents Special Offer
"Child-minding/babysitting" available while parents enjoy Adventure Activities - Blackwater Rafting etc.
$10 p/hour 1 child - $15 p/hour 2 children
- B1 - Queen/ensuite + 1 single
- B2 - Family - Queen + 2 singles – private bathroom
- B3 - Budget small Twin or double with ensuite
(Double $85, Single $70)
$75 double without breakfast
Additional options: ostrich omelette $5 (2 person) cooked breakfast ($5 per person)
Common Comment: Probably the best night’s sleep we have had on our trip".