Big Bird & Miniature Rare Breed Animal Petting Farm
Enjoy an interactive, educational, intriguing and memorable New Zealand farm experience with our ostriches, emus and miniature animals.
Ostrich Tour: Get up close and personal with Victoria, the people-friendly ostrich. Oscar and the other big birds will check you out! Learn all the amazing aspects of this extraordinary bird.
- Miniature horse rides for the little ‘people’, the horses Dinky, Tonto and Trixie love attention
- Miniature alpacas, Pablo, Porsha, Porter & Baby Petra, all love to ‘pose’ for photos
- Miniature Llama, enjoy leading Loretta she is everyone’s favourite
- Miniature donkeys Rusty, Buckley and JoJo enjoy a brush
- Mini cow and Mini bull, Colleen and Colin and rare midget Kempie
(now 1 year old - 31" high - Smallest Bull in the world is 30")
- Mini highland cattle, Yogi Bear
- Mini kune kune pigs, Percy Patsy and Penelope
- Mini goats, Jemima, Jamie & Kids
- Mini sheep, Samson & Serena
- Lovable Border Collie - Pippy
- Guinea pigs, small pets and mini-lop rabbit (kittens)
- Kid’s colouring quiz and information sheet
Rooster Crow Tour (non-guest option) Petting Farm tour + Breakfast (Adults $20, $15 Child)
Enjoy a great New Zealand heritage experience for all ages.
3pm Daily - 1hr
- Adults $10, Child $5, (Minimum show charge $50)
- Enjoy a N.Z. heritage experience for all ages.
- SEE: "The World's Largest Spinning Wheel" - built in 1979 by Ross Barnes and Stuart Davidson. Recognised by The Guinness Book of Records. Height: 3.6m (12ft) Weight 400kg (884 lbs) It took 6 months of spare time to build and is made up of 121 pieces of native timber.
Kiwiana Farm Show
- Handmilk Cow
- Separate Milk/Cream
- Make & Taste Butter
- Make & Taste Ice Cream
- Make & Taste Ostrich Omelette
- Handspin Wool, Alpaca & Llama fleece
Freephone: 0800 733 244
Cosmetic products - healing properties for eczema, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Eggs $10-$25 (empty), $30-$40 (fresh laid in season)
- Big Bird vests, bags, wallets, belts, etc.
- Ostrich oil products
- Ostrich breakfasts $5
Great Location, Great View & Easily Found
- 5 minutes to glowworm caves
- 5 minutes to Otorohanga Kiwi House
- 5 minutes to Otorohanga & Te Kuiti
- 3 minutes to Waitomo Golf Course
- 2 minutes to two restaurants
Waitomo Big Bird Bed & Breakfast & Miniature Animal Petting Farm
17 Waitomo Caves Road, SH 37, Otorohanga
Freephone: 0800 733 244 • Phone: +64 7 873 7459
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Website: www.waitomobigbird.co.nz