Enjoy an interactive, educational, intriguing and memorable New Zealand farm experience.
Ostriches, Emus, Moa and 50+ miniature animals of 18 species.
Price: $6pp + $5 food (animals) - Minimum $30 (1/2hr-1hr tour). Open 2-5pm. Tours also 9am.
Tours are in the paddocks so gumboots ideal and tours are WEATHER dependant! Bookings required.
Ostrich Tour: Get up close and personal with Diana, Oscar and Delilah Ostrich.
Meet pettable Elmo Emu and his 2 Emu girlfriends Elly-May and Matilda.
Get your snapshot with Sam the Moa.
Learn all the amazing aspects of these EGGS-traordinary Ratite birds (Kiwi is also in this family – can be seen at the Otorohanga Kiwi House 8km away).
- Miniature horse rides for the 'little people' on Tonto (under 30kg)
- Miniature donkeys Don-key, John-Key & Jo Jo
- Miniature alpacas Pablo, Porsha, Parker and others
- Miniature Loretta Llama, everyone's favourite for "selfie-shots"!
- Miniature Highland Cow Brook
- Mini Hereford/galloway cow, mini bull and rare midget bull Charlie (one of the smallest bulls in the world (Guiness record 30"))
- Mini kune kune Penelope Pig
- Mini goat Jemima
- Mini sheep Dwarf Mini-Romney Ramsey, Rare Baby-Doll Steffie
- Miniature Munchkin cats and kittens, rare-breed with tiny front legs
- Guinea pigs, silkie-hens and mini-lop rabbits
- Tobias Tortoise (hibernates in winter)
- And the Lovable Border Collie Pippy
- New arrival Busy Betsy the Miniature Border Collie
- Latest arrival Teeny Tiny Timmy the super little mini horse
Kiwiana Farm Show
Enjoy a great New Zealand heritage experience for all ages.
3pm daily – 1 hour – Show beginning January 2020 (bookings essential)
- Adults $10, Children $5 (minimum show charge $50)
- Enjoy a New Zealand heritage experience for all ages
- See "The World's Largest Spinning Wheel". Built in 1979 by Ross Barnes and Stuart Davidson. Recognised by The Guinness Book of World Records. Height: 3.6m (12ft) Weight: 400kg (884 lbs). It took 6 months of spare time to build and is made up of 121 pieces of native timber.
- Handmilk a cow
- Separate milk and cream
- Make and taste butter
- Make and taste ice cream
- Make and taste an Ostrich Omelette
- Handspin wool from Alpaca and Llama fleece
Cosmetic products – healing properties for eczema, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Eggs $10-$25 (empty), $30-$40 (fresh laid in season)
- Ostrich leather vests
- Ostrich oil products
- Ostrich breakfasts $5